The nation's substance use epidemic touches us all, including the business community. Employers have jobs to fill but hesitate to hire workers with a drug-use history. Workers recovering from addiction want to work but aren't given the chance. Other workers might be addicted, but go undetected, putting workplace safety at risk.
Our Substance Use Recovery and Workplace Safety Program (SURWSP) can help.
Brought to you in partnership with participating county Alcohol Drug Addiction and Mental Health (ADAMH) boards, this program provides funding to help employers more effectively manage substance use issues in their workplace. Eligible employers can enroll in the program and get reimbursement for:
- Development and legal review of employer policies and procedures about substance use issues.
- Training for employees to understand substance use and their employer’s related policies.
- Training to equip supervisors and managers to better manage employees in recovery.
- Drug testing for prospective and current employees for those employers with recovery-friendly “second chance” testing policies.
- Access to a free employee wellness incentive program, our Better You! Better Ohio! program.
The enrollment process is easy and starts with eligibility. Find your county on the map and click on the corresponding link below the map. We'll take you through the step-by-step process for enrollment and reimbursement.