We believe anyone injured at work should receive appropriate and coordinated care with a goal of returning to work and quality of life.
As an injured worker in Ohio, you have the right to:
- Workers' compensation benefits if you sustain a work-related injury or contract an occupational disease.
- Quick access to high-quality health care from any BWC-certified, health-care provider you choose.
- Have your approved medical bills paid and not to be billed an additional amount.
- Expect prompt, professional and courteous customer service from all BWC employees.
- Access your records either in person or online.
- Receive timely payments for the allowed conditions in your claim.
- Be considered for all benefits and rehabilitation services for which you may be eligible.
- A quality independent medical examination when required in your claim.
- Appeal a decision made in your claim to BWC, the MCO, or the Ohio Industrial Commission.
- Represent yourself or hire a lawyer at your own expense.
We're here to help. You can reach us at 1-800-644-6292 or visit one of our local claims offices.