Who should attend:
Those employees and their managers, who are required to ship, receive, package, and label hazardous materials and hazardous wastes.
You will learn:
• What is a hazardous material and hazardous waste;
• Requirements of 49 CFR 172.704;
• Transportation requirements on 40 CFR 265.16;
• How to load and unload vehicles used to transport hazardous materials;
• Transportation requirements of hazardous wastes;
• Common EPA, DOT, and OSHA violations along with safety concerns.
After this course, you will be able to:
• Classify hazardous materials;
• Mark, label, and placard packages and vehicles;
• Describe requirements for security, preparedness, prevention, and recordkeeping;
• Prepare the hazardous waste manifest;
• Explain basic hazardous waste requirements.