Thank you for your participation in BWC’s Retrospective-Rating Program. As you know, we evaluate your premium annually and bill you for the adjusted premium based on incurred losses and audited payroll for the 10-year evaluation period.
The 2019 annual evaluation has posted to your account and is available on our website. Click here to view your annual evaluation.
Due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, you may defer payment of the adjusted premium until June 1, 2020. The deferral is automatic – no application is necessary; and we will not assess penalties for deferring payments. However, we will accept your payment if you choose to submit it as usual.
If you have questions or concerns, please email our employer program unit. We are out of the office teleworking to slow the spread of COVID-19, but will respond to your inquiry as soon as possible.
For the latest information on COVID-19, visit www.coronavirus.ohio.gov. For questions about COVID-19’s effect on BWC, email us at BWCCOVID19@bwc.state.oh.us. Thank you.
The greater the portion of the risk assumed, the greater potential reduction in premiums.
The Individual-Retrospective-Rating Program allows employers to initially pay BWC less premium than it would without the plan.
- Have at least $25,000 of estimated premium.
- Be in an active status on the first day of the policy year.
- No cumulative lapses in coverage in excess of 15 days within the last five rating years.
- Be current on all premium payments and deductible billings at the time you apply.
- Be current on any and all undisputed premiums, administrative costs, assessments, fines or monies otherwise due to any fund we administer.
- No unpaid audit findings or other unpaid billings as of the application deadline.
- Demonstrate financial strength and stability. Additional financial requirements may apply in certain circumstances.
- Report actual payroll for the preceding policy year, and pay any premium due upon reconciliation of estimated premium and actual premium for that policy year no later than the date set forth in Ohio Administrative Code 4123-17-14.
- Additional eligibility requirements
Enrolling in the program
Private employers: Complete the Application for Individual-Retrospective- Rating Plan (U-20) by the last business day in January.
Public employers: Complete the Application for Individual-Retrospective- Rating Plan (U-21) by the last business day in July.
Minimum premium percentage individual retrospective rating charts
New! Individual-retrospective annual evaluation - This service offering allows you to view and download annual evaluations for participants and predecessors.