BWC has developed the Policy Activity Rebate (PAR) to raise employers' awareness and increase understanding of some of the most important aspects of workers' compensation, including safety, claims and policy management. PAR puts you in control, offering a wide-range of activities that provide your organization a chance to earn a 50-percent premium rebate up to $2,000.
PAR is a customizable plan that allows employers to choose from 33 activities to earn a rebate. Each activity has associated credits. Depending on the nature of the activity, you can earn up to two credits. You must complete 11 credits during the enrolled policy year. You can begin signing up for, and tracking, activities beginning July 1, 2018.
Only state-fund employers may receive a rebate. This includes private employers and public employers taxing districts.
- Private employers in an active, reinstated or debtor-in-possession status as of the enrollment date.
- Enrollment period will be June 1, 2018, through Jan. 31, 2019.
- We will calculate the rebate using the true-up premium for the July 1, 2017, through June 30, 2018 policy period.
- Public-taxing district employers in an active or reinstated status as of the enrollment date.
- Enrollment period will be Dec. 1, 2018, through July 31, 2019.
- We will calculate the rebate using the true-up premium for the Jan. 1, 2018, through Dec. 31, 2018 policy year.
- Employer must have had at least $350 billed premium for the applicable policy period.
- Employer must have a published experience modifier (EM) equal to or greater than 1.0.
- Not compatible with the following programs: Group-experience rating; group-retrospective rating; individual-retrospective rating; claim cost deductible, 100-percent EM capping and One Claim Program.
- Professional employer organizations (PEOs) are not eligible for the program unless the PEO and each of the PEOs clients meet all eligibility and program requirements.
Enrolling in the program
Private employers: Complete the Application for the Policy Activity Rebate Program by Jan. 31, 2019.
Public employers: BWC will begin accepting applications on Dec. 1, 2018.