BWC has developed the Policy Activity Rebate (PAR) to raise employers' awareness and increase understanding of some of the most important aspects of workers' compensation, including safety, claims and policy management. PAR puts you in control, offering a wide range of activities that provide your organization a chance to earn a 50-percent premium rebate up to $2,000.
PAR is a customizable plan that allows employers to choose from 33 activities to earn a rebate. Each activity has associated credits. Depending on the nature of the activity, you can earn up to two credits. You must complete 11 credits during the enrolled policy year. Private employers have until May 31, 2019, to complete their activities. Public employers have until Nov. 30, 2019.
Only state-fund employers may receive a rebate. This includes private employers and public employer taxing districts.
- Private employers in an active, reinstated or debtor-in-possession status as of the enrollment date.
- Enrollment period will be June 1, 2018, through Jan. 31, 2019.
- We will calculate the rebate using the true-up premium for the July 1, 2017, through June 30, 2018, policy period.
- Public-taxing district employers in an active or reinstated status as of the enrollment date.
- Enrollment period will be Dec. 1, 2018, through July 31, 2019.
- We will calculate the rebate using the true-up premium for the Jan. 1, 2018, through Dec. 31, 2018, policy year.
- Employer must have had at least $350 billed premium for the applicable policy period.
- Employer must have a published experience modifier (EM) equal to or greater than 1.0.
- Not compatible with the following programs: Group-experience rating; group-retrospective rating; individual-retrospective rating; claim cost deductible, 100-percent EM capping and One Claim Program.
- Professional employer organizations (PEOs) are not eligible for the program unless the PEO and each of the PEOs clients meet all eligibility and program requirements.
Enrolling in the program
Private employers: Complete the Application for the Policy Activity Rebate Program by Jan. 31, 2019.
Public employers: Complete the Application for the Policy Activity Rebate Program by July 31, 2019.
For your convenience, BWC is conducting FREE 15-minute educational webinars to learn about the PAR program without leaving your office! Don’t miss this opportunity to attend a live webinar and to interact with BWC risk-management staff with immediate, on-demand, and unlimited Q&A opportunities. Attendance is not mandatory.
Click one of following dates to register for a webinar convenient for you.
For your convenience, we have recorded a PAR webinar that can be viewed at any time. Click here to view.