The best workers' compensation claim, of course, is the one that never happens. At BWC, we're committed to keeping Ohio's workplaces safe and preventing on-the-job accidents, injuries and deaths through the following services and training options.
- Company procedures – Before an injury occurs, BWC recommends that employers have company safety procedures in place and personnel trained for emergency responses and accident analysis.
- Safety consultations – To improve company safety, BWC offers a variety of occupational safety and health consultations at no additional cost. To request a safety consultation or get more information, refer to Safety consultations.
- Safety training – BWC offers a wide variety of safety training on various topics and industries at our Central Ohio training center, most of our service offices, and on-site at the employer's location. To view a complete list of safety training courses or to register, refer to Safety courses.
- Ohio Safety Congress & Expo – BWC offers the foremost occupational safety and health event in the Midwest. This multi-day event features informative speakers, more than 150 educational sessions, and a dynamic Expo Marketplace. For more information, refer to Ohio Safety Congress & Expo.
- Safety programs – BWC offers employers numerous programs to make their business safer, such as the Drug-Free Safety Program or the Safety Council Rebate Program. When employers participate in safety programs and meet certain requirements, BWC also offers a rebate on their workers' compensation coverage premiums. To view a complete list of training programs or to register, refer to Safety programs, services and resources.
- Safety grants – Have an idea on improving workplace safety at your company, but don't have the money in your budget? BWC offers employers a variety of grant programs that can help your company achieve a safer work environment. To view a complete list of safety grants, refer to Safety Grants.