If a workplace injury occurs, it’s important to have the resources to provide care for your injured workers. A Managed Care Organization (MCO) helps an employer:
- File and manage claims
- Ensure your injured workers receive the quality medical care they deserve
- Facilitates an employee's quick and safe return to work
MCOs manage the medical portion of a workers' compensation claim to ensure that injured workers receive the quality medical care they deserve.
As an employer, you can choose the MCO that best suits your company's needs. A new employer must make a selection within 30 days of receiving your Certificate of Ohio Workers' Compensation (also called a Certificate of Coverage). If a selection is not made, BWC may assign an MCO to you.
Use the Employer/MCO look-up to find the assigned MCO for an employer
To select an MCO, an employer will use the following resources:
- MCO Selection Guide - Assists employers in selecting an MCO that's right for their company
- MCO Report Card - Provides information to help employers evaluate the past performance of the MCOs
- MCO Selection Form - Allows employers to submit their MCO selection choice
- MCO Directory - Provides contact information for all BWC certified MCOs