Innovations come in many forms – equipment, machinery, processes and procedures. Tell us about your innovative ways and you could win cash awards.
UPDATE! Congratulations to the 2019 award recipients
BWC established the Safety Innovation Award to encourage and recognize innovative and creative solutions that reduce the risk of workplace injuries and illnesses. Showcasing the most successful innovations inspires other Ohio employers to develop innovative solutions of their own.
Our Division of Safety & Hygiene selects the finalists who compete for cash awards at the Ohio Safety Congress & Expo.
• 1st Place - $6,000
• 2nd Place - $4,000
• 3rd Place - $3,000
• Honorable mention - $1,500
Innovation entries must meet these eligibility requirements.
• The innovation must be fully implemented between Oct. 1, 2013, and Sept. 30, 2017.
• The innovation must currently be in use.
• The employer must maintain active workers' compensation coverage with not more than 40 days lapsed in the prior 12 months.
• The employer must be current on all monies owed BWC.
• The employer must demonstrate excellent safety performance in all aspects of its operation.
• The innovation must not have been previously entered in a BWC-sponsored Safety Innovation Award competition.
• July 16 to Sept. 30, 2018 - Application submission period
• Oct. 1 to 30, 2018 - First round judging
• Nov. 2, 2018 - Semifinalists announced
• Nov. 5 to Dec. 14, 2018 - Second round judging
• Feb. 5, 2019 - Finalists announced
• March 7, 2019 - Awards presented at OSC19
To learn more, contact us at 1-800-644-6292 or email email@example.com