Innovations come in many forms – advanced technologies, creative use of existing equipment, or unique processes and practices. Tell us about the innovative way you addressed a workplace safety or health risk and you could win cash awards.
Submit a 2020 application!
BWC established the Safety Innovation Awards to encourage and recognize innovative and creative solutions that reduce the risk of workplace injuries and illnesses. Showcasing the most successful innovations inspires other Ohio employers to develop innovative solutions of their own.
Our Division of Safety & Hygiene subject matter experts selects the finalists who compete for cash awards at the Ohio Safety Congress & Expo (OSC 2020).
1st Place - $10,000
2nd Place - $6,000
3rd Place - $4,000
Honorable mention - $1,500
People's choice - $1,000
Innovation entries must meet these eligibility requirements.
• The innovation must be fully implemented between Oct. 1, 2014, and Sept. 30, 2018.
• The innovation must currently be in use.
• The employer must maintain active workers' compensation coverage with not more than 40 days lapsed in the prior 12 months.
• The employer must be current on all monies owed BWC.
• The employer must demonstrate excellent safety performance in all aspects of its operation.
• The innovation must not have been previously considered for a BWC-sponsored Safety Innovation Award.
• July 1 to Sept. 30, 2019 - Application submission period
• Oct. 1 to 30, 2019 - First round judging
• Nov. 11, 2019 - Semifinalists announced
• Nov. 15 to Dec. 31, 2019 - Second round judging
• Jan 15, 2020 - Finalists announced
• March 12, 2020 - Awards presented at OSC 2020
To learn more, contact us at 1-800-644-6292 or email email@example.com