Innovations come in many forms – advanced technologies, creative use of existing equipment, or unique processes and practices. Tell us about the innovative way you addressed a workplace safety or health risk and you could win cash awards.
UPDATE! Congratulations to the five finalists listed below for the 2020 Safety Innovation Awards.
- Diversified Fall Protection (Westlake) - Portable Truss Anchor
- Fort Amanda Specialties (Lima) - Custom Cleaning-in-Place Safety Solution
- Mt. Vernon City Schools (Mt. Vernon) - Rapid Barricade
- TFO Tech Co., LTD (Jeffersonville) - Furnace Pulley Unloader
- thyssenkrupp Bilstein of America (Hamilton) - Near-Miss Reporting App
The finalists will be featured at the Ohio Safety Congress & Expo (OSC 2020) where they will compete for the following cash awards.
- 1st Place - $10,000
- 2nd Place - $6,000
- 3rd Place - $4,000
- Honorable mention - $1,500
- People's choice - $1,000
BWC established the Safety Innovation Awards to encourage and recognize innovative and creative solutions that reduce the risk of workplace injuries and illnesses. Showcasing the most successful innovations inspires other Ohio employers to develop innovations of their own.
Innovation entries must meet these eligibility requirements.
- The innovation must be fully implemented between Oct. 1, 2014, and Sept. 30, 2018.
- The innovation must currently be in use.
- The employer must maintain active workers' compensation coverage with not more than 40 days lapsed in the prior 12 months.
- The employer must be current on all monies owed BWC.
- The employer must demonstrate excellent safety performance in all aspects of its operation.
- The innovation must not have been previously considered for a BWC-sponsored Safety Innovation Award.
- July 1 to Sept. 30, 2019 - Application submission period
- Oct. 1 to 30, 2019 - First round judging
- Nov. 11, 2019 - Semifinalists announced
- Nov. 15 to Dec. 31, 2019 - Second round judging
- Jan 15, 2020 - Finalists announced
- March 12, 2020 - Awards presented at OSC 2020
To learn more, contact us at 1-800-644-6292 or email email@example.com