Ohio law requires BWC to publish information about those who receive awards through our safety and wellness grant programs. At the bottom of this page is a link to a list of those recipients, including the name of the recipient, the type of award, and the amount.
The Safety Intervention Grant Program provides financial assistance to state-fund employers or public employer taxing districts toward the purchase of equipment to substantially reduce or eliminate injuries and illnesses associated with a particular task or operation. Employers are eligible for a 3-to-1 matching grant, up to a maximum of $40,000. Employers participating in the program provide BWC a year-end case study and two-year report to document their experience with the equipment. This data is used to establish safety best practices in the field of occupational safety and health.
DFSP grants are available to assist employers implementing the DFSP at the basic or advanced level. Employers operating a comparable program are not eligible for DFSP grant funding.
The new DFSP grants guide is available for services supplied under the DFSP program requirements (services rendered after July 1, 2010). You also can view a chart that summarizes the new DFSP grants policy and covered items.
This program assists employers with the creation and implementation of a workplace wellness program. The program's goal is to limit and control the escalating cost of workers' compensation claims by helping employers develop health promotion programs for their employees. The secondary goals are to reduce health-care costs for employers, and improve the health and well-being of the work force. Participating employers may receive $300 per participating employee over a four-year period, with a maximum of $15,000 per policy. They provide BWC aggregate health risk appraisal, biometrics and employee data, and a year-end case study to continue into the next year. This data is used to establish wellness program best practices and to determine the effectiveness of the programs.
- Fiscal Year 2020 Grant recipient list (July 1, 2019 - March 31, 2020)
- Fiscal Year 2019 Grant recipient list (July 1, 2018 - June 30, 2019)
- Fiscal Year 2018 Grant recipient list (July 1, 2017 - June 30, 2018)
- Fiscal Year 2017 Grant recipient list (July 1, 2016 - June 30, 2017)
- Fiscal Year 2016 Grant recipient list (July 1, 2015 - June 30, 2016)
- Fiscal Year 2015 Grant recipient list (July 1, 2014 - June 30, 2015)
- Fiscal Year 2014 Grant recipient list (July 1, 2013 - June 30, 2014)
- Fiscal Year 2013 Grant recipient list (July 1, 2012 - June 30, 2013)
- Fiscal Year 2012 Grant recipient list (July 1, 2011 - June 30, 2012)
- Fiscal Year 2011 Grant recipient list (July 1, 2010 - June 30, 2011)
- Fiscal Year 2010 Grant recipient list (July 1, 2009 - June 30, 2010)
- Fiscal Year 2009 Grant recipient list (July 1, 2008 - June 30, 2009)
- Fiscal Year 2008 Grant recipient list (July 1, 2007 - June 30, 2008)