Anyone who suffers a work-related injury in Ohio deserves to be treated fairly by BWC employees and to promptly receive the benefits to which he or she is entitled. BWC believes anyone injured at work should receive appropriate and coordinated care with a goal of returning to work and quality of life.
As an injured worker in Ohio, you have the right to:
- Workers’ compensation benefits if you sustain a work-related injury or contract an occupational disease;
- Quick access to high-quality health care from any BWC-certified, health-care provider you choose;
- Have your approved medical bills paid and not to be billed an additional amount;
- Expect prompt, professional and courteous customer service from all BWC employees;
- Access your records either in person or online;
- Receive timely payments for the allowed conditions in your claim;
- Be considered for all benefits and rehabilitation services for which you may be eligible;
- A quality independent medical examination when required in your claim;
- Appeal a decision made in your claim to BWC, the MCO or the Industrial Commission of Ohio;
- Represent yourself or hire a lawyer at your own expense.
BWC is here to help. You can reach BWC customer service at 1-800-644-6292 or visit one of our local claims offices.