UPDATE! (Aug. 9, 2021) In order to ensure funds are distributed to applicants within the required timeframe, the deadline for the COVID-19 Indoor Air Quality Assistance Program has been changed to Oct. 15th, 2021.
The COVID-19 Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) Assistance Program provides reimbursement for eligible applicants to help cover the costs of inspections, assessments, maintenance, and improvements to indoor heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems to control the spread of COVID-19. It also provides reimbursement for secondary devices designed to destroy bacteria and mold and inactivate viruses.
This program is limited to private employers.
Eligible employers include:
- Facilities licensed by the Ohio Department of Health – Nursing homes, assisted living/residential care facilities, hospices.
- Facilities recognized by the Ohio Department of Aging – Senior centers, adult day centers that are Medicaid providers in the PASSPORT, Ohio Home Care, or MyCare Ohio waiver programs.
- Facilities certified/licensed by the Ohio Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services – Substance use disorder residential treatment providers; Class 2 and Class 3 residential treatment providers (adult care facilities).
- Facilities certified/recognized by the Ohio Department of Developmental Disabilities – Residential Waiver settings (group homes), intermediate care facilities, adult day support providers that are Medicaid providers.
Eligible expenses are those incurred in response to COVID-19 for the previously mentioned purposes on or after March 1, 2020, up to and including October 15, 2021. The application form includes a list of eligible expenses.
Eligible applicants may apply for financial assistance more than once; however, it cannot exceed the maximum total amount of $15,000.
Each nursing home, assisted living/residential care facility, or hospice with a separate ODH license is eligible.
Each adult day center and adult day support provider is eligible per Medicaid number.
Other eligible entities are eligible to apply by each separate location.
The funds used in this program were awarded to the State of Ohio as federal financial assistance by the U.S. Department of Treasury. The funding comes from the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES) Act. Eligible employers may receive up to $15,000 for the duration of the program.
How to complete an application
- Download the application.
- Complete all sections of the application, print it, and sign it.
- Email the signed application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please keep a copy for your files.
A completed application submission must include all of the following:
- Completed application form and signed agreement.
- Completed Appendix A – list of expenses.
- All required purchase documentation.
Information to have available while completing the application
- BWC policy number (if applicable)
- Certification/license number (if applicable)
- Invoices and proof of payment for expenses already incurred
Timeline for funds distribution
Please allow up to 15 business days for the application to be reviewed and funds distributed by electronic funds transfer. We will email the applicant with the results of our review.
NOTICE: Due to the large number of applications received for this program, processing times are taking longer than expected. We appreciate your patience as we process applications in the order they were received.
For general questions, contact BWC’s Division of Safety & Hygiene.