Web Content Viewer

Injury and Illness Recordkeeping

What recordkeeping forms are public employers required to use and maintain?

The Injury and Illness Incident Report (301P) - This form must be filled out within six calendar days of when a recordable work-related injury or illness occurs. It's a detailed report of important facts about each incident. You must keep this form on file for five years following the year to which it pertains. The Public Employment Risk Reduction Program (PERRP) can request to see these forms at any time. You must have a 301P (or equivalent) form for each incident entered on the 300P. 

Log of Work-Related Injuries and Illnesses (300P) - Use this form to record:  

  • Information about every work-related death and every work-related injury or illness that involves loss of consciousness, restricted work activity or job transfer, days away from work, or medical treatment beyond first aid.
  • Significant work-related injuries and illnesses that a physician or other practicing licensed health-care professional diagnoses.
  • Work-related injuries and illnesses that meet any of the specific criteria listed in the instructions for these forms. 

The Summary of Work-Related Injuries and Illnesses (300AP) - This form is a summary of your Log of Work-Related Injuries and Illnesses (300P). Transfer the totals from each category column on the 300P to the corresponding fields on the 300AP. Record "0" in a field if you did not have an entry for that category. The law requires this form be completed, posted in the workplace and submitted to PERRP on or before Feb. 1 each year.

Click here to download the Recordkeeping forms (300P, 300AP, 301P) and instructions. (PDF)

Click here to download PERRP Microsoft Excel recordkeeping forms. (XLMS)

Click here to download a PERRP recordkeeping training presentation. (PDF)

Click here to view a video tutorial of how to submit the 300AP.

Click here to view a webinar on PERRP Injury and Illness Recordkeeping: Public Employer Data Collection and Submission Requirements.

When do I have to submit the 300AP?
The 300AP for the previous calendar year must be submitted by Feb. 1 each year.

Click here either to learn more about 300AP submission or to submit your 300AP.

Do I need to submit the BLS Survey of Occupational Injuries and Illnesses?
Yes, public employers must complete the survey and return it to the Ohio Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). For additional information click here: Bureau of Labor Statistics/SOII

Do I need to submit the PERRP Sharps Injury Form Needlestick Report (SH-12) to PERRP?
Per OAC 4167-6-01(G), each public employer shall maintain and make available to the superintendent accurate records of exposure incidents of needlesticks or sharps. Employers are only required to submit to PERRP upon request. 

Click here to download Sharps Injury Form Needlestick Injury Report (SH-12) (PDF)