BWC’s safety and health professionals throughout the state are available to help every Ohio employer in every industry develop effective strategies to reduce the risk of employee injury and illness.
BWC's specialists can provide consultative services in the areas listed below. Every employer is eligible to use these services, and all of our services are offered at no cost to employers.
- Industrial safety consultation – For most workplaces: from factories to farms, grocery stores to government offices, retail to restaurants, municipalities to mining, schools to small businesses, and everything in between
- Construction safety consultations – For workplaces where employees work to build, construct, improve, or demolish
- Ergonomics consultations – For all workplaces with manual material handling, lifting, pushing, pulling and carrying tasks, repetitive hand-intensive work, sedentary work, awkward work postures, and other physical stressors
- Industrial hygiene consultation – For all workplaces in which airborne contaminants, noise, chemicals, and other environmental stressors may result in injury, illness, impairment, or affect the well-being of workers
- OSHA On-Site Consultation Program – Small employers in high hazard industries (manufacturing, construction, etc.) may find this program best equipped to handle their special needs. This program is consultation only – no enforcement. Services available include safety and industrial hygiene consultations.
- Public Employment Risk Reduction Program – Townships, municipalities, counties, state agencies, and other public employers may also use these services.
Click here for a flyer that describes our consultative services.