Web Content ViewerActions
The following process is used to calculate premium rates in Ohio for each NCCI manual classification.
- BWC personnel review claims costs from an industry-wide classification perspective and not just one employer's work experience.
- Our actuarial department staff then analyzes the claims costs information in each manual classification during the oldest four of the most recent five years. This information is used to project the claims costs that will occur during the next year for each manual classification.
- Administrators use this actuarial data to make recommendations for the new premium rates and assessments.
- BWC Board of Directors then reviews and approves the final premium rates.
Refer to the following for more information.
- NCCI manual classifications
- Base-rated employers
- Experience-rated employers
- Assessments and blended rates